Monitoring your custom service (TCP):
In your Dashboard:
- Create or select a group.
- Click “Add monitor” and “Custom service”.
- Enter your desired name, for example "My email server".
- Enter your custom service host, for example "myemailserver.com".
- Enter your custom service TCP port, for example "25".
- Click “Submit”.
The monitor will check your custom service every 60 seconds and send a notification if something goes wrong.
How is my custom service monitored?
Port Monitor will try to connect to the host and TCP port you provided. A successful check is recorded when Port Monitor establishes a successful connection to the host and port. A failed check is recorded when the connection can not be established for any reason.
Popular TCP services
|Mail (IMAP SSL)||993|
|Common Internet File System (CIFS)||139, 445|
For a full list visit List of TCP and UDP port numbers.