Monitoring your DNS:
In your Dashboard:
- Create or select a group.
- Click “Add monitor” and “DNS”.
- Enter your desired name for this monitor, for example "My DNS check".
- Enter the hostname you want to check, for example "mydomain.com".
- Enter the IP or hostname it should resolve to, for example "www.mydomain.com" or just the numericall IP.
- Press “Submit”.
The monitor will check your hostname every 60 seconds and send a notification if the resolved IP does not match the expected one.
How is my DNS monitored?
Port Monitor will resolve your DNS hostname using Google and OpenDNS servers. If the resolved IP for your hostname does not match the expected IP it will generate a fail event.